Xerochrysum bracteatum, syn. Bracteantha bracteata, syn. Helichrysum bracteatum monstrosum fl. pl.
- Strawflowers attract butterflies and are superb for cutting.
- Plants are easy to grow, heavy flowering, and tolerate heat and drought.
Strawflowers produce loads of vibrant, 2-3 inch papery, pompom-like flowers on well-branched, heavy blooming, 3-3.5 foot tall plants. Easy to grow, they tolerate both heat and drought. Known as an "everlasting" because the flowers will last indefinitely when dried. Plants flower over a long season.
SCARLET CHOICE DOUBLE Strawflower Seeds
Stunning scarlet flowers. Packet is 1 gram, about 1,200 seeds.
GOLDEN YELLOW CHOICE DOUBLE Strawflower Seeds
Bright golden-yellow flowers. Packet is 1 gram, about 1,200 seeds.
SWISS GIANTS MIX Strawflower Seeds
Flowers in shades of bronze, crimson, yellow, rose and white. Packet is 1 gram, about 1,200 seeds.
APRICOT/PEACH MIX Strawflower Seeds
Beautiful shades of apricot, peach, and salmon. Packet is ½ gram, about 600 seeds.
How to Plant STRAWFLOWER Seeds
- Sow seeds in cell packs or flats, press into soil but do not cover.
- Needs light to germinate.
- Kept at 70-75° F., germination is in 10-20 days.
- You can direct sow into prepared seed beds after all danger of frost.
- Thin to 12 inches apart.