Cleome houtteana syn. C. hassleriana, syn. C. spinosa
10 Cleome seed varieties from 2 outstanding series:
Also known as the Spider Flower, these heat and drought tolerant, deer resistant plants are topped with an ever-lengthening cluster of 4-8 inch spidery blossoms from early summer until frost. Cleomes look great planted among perennials and they are doubly striking when planted alone in large blocks. Hummingbirds love them.
SPARKLER SERIES Cleome Seeds
Because they are hybrid cleomes (the first), Sparklers are more vigorous, and heavy blooming than open-pollinated varieties. They are also shorter, and bushier, making them easier to blend into garden beds, or to grow in containers. The 4-6 inch flower heads appear freely, starting in early summer and continuing into the fall, on upright 3.5-4 foot tall plants.
SPARKLER MIX Cleome Seeds
A formulated mix of Sparkler Blush, Lavender, Rose, and White flowers.
QUEEN SERIES Cleome Seeds
The plants in this open pollinated series grow 4-6 feet tall, smaller in short-season areas. Flower heads measure 6-8 inches across. The Queen Series offers the best self-sowing varieties available.
(a.k.a. Colour Fountain Mix)
A formula mix of cherry, rose, violet and white flowers.
How to Plant CLEOME Seeds
- Sow Cleome seed in cell packs or flats press into soil and barely cover.
- Keep at 75-80°F. during the day, and 10°F. cooler at night.
- Germination is in 10-21 days.
- The 'Queen' series cleomes are best sown where they are to grow after all danger of frost ¼ inch deep and 3 inches apart.
- Thin to 18-24 inches apart.